The great Tucker Carlson has called for an immigration moratorium
Tucker Carlson is right.— The Columbia Bugle 🇺🇸☢️ (@ColumbiaBugle) May 25, 2021
If our leaders truly wanted to unite the American people again, they would pause immigration. pic.twitter.com/MRl3fKpfRC
Trump actually imposed a pandemic-based moratorium in April of last year:
Here's what VDARE.com editor Peter Brimelow wrote in April of last year:
It’s 25 years to the month since I proposed an immigration moratorium in my book Alien Nation: Common Sense About America’s Immigration Disaster (you can see me explain the concept to NBC Today’s obviously dumbfounded Bryant Gumbel here) and 28 years since I first broached it in my 1992 National Review cover story that grew into Alien Nation. So I wasn’t unmoved to see a President of the United States finally adopt the idea on Monday night. Nor, again because it has been 25-28 years, am I particularly moved now to see the Executive Order promptly watered down by the usual suspects, savagely denounced by Fox News’ Tucker Carlson here....
There are 684 articles on VDARE.com discussing an immigration moratorium. A couple are from Alien Nation reviewers like Paul Glastris who said, "These disturbing trends can almost certainly be reversed without resorting to a "moratorium" on all immigrants, as Brimelow demands," and Jacob Weisberg, xenophobically wanting “an indefinite moratorium on right-wing Brits coming to tell us about threats to American values.” Some of them are false positives, referring to, say, Obama’s offshore drilling moratorium of ten years ago, but most are suggesting an immigration moratorium. There are 363 examples of the exact phrase “immigration moratorium” in our archives, and we have an “Immigration Moratorium” tag.
Here are two most recent… before Trump’s tweet.
- Jeff Sessions Calls For Immigration Moratorium In Response To Coronavirus Devastation, by Washington Watcher II on 04/16/2020
- Charlie Kirk Says It’s Time For An Immigration Moratorium. Where Is Congressional GOP?, by Washington Watcher II on 04/14/2020
Last year we had this:
- D’Abrosca On Tucker Carlson: Is Immigration Moratorium Concept Finally Breaking Through?, by Peter Brimelow on 12/07/2019
Let’s go back to the dawn of the Great Recession (caused, as you will have read on VDARE.com but not elsewhere, by the Minority Mortgage Meltdown) when unemployment soared to …half current levels.
- Unemployment Tops 10%—Where Are The Calls For An Immigration Moratorium?, by Peter Brimelow on 11/06/2009
- A Surfeit Of Jobs Summits—But Bipartisan Silence On Immigration Moratorium, by Peter Brimelow on 11/28/2009
- National Data | Memo to President Obama: Add Immigration Moratorium to the Economic Stimulus Package, by Edwin S. Rubenstein on 01/27/2009
- Brimelow On An Anti-Unemployment Immigration Moratorium In WorldNetDaily, by Peter Brimelow on 12/05/2009
- National Data | The Employment Case for an Immigration Moratorium, by Edwin S. Rubenstein on 12/02/2009
- National Data | American Worker Displacement Resumes—Immigration Moratorium Essential, by Edwin S. Rubenstein on 06/07/2010
A number of different people have called for moratorium:
- The Tancredo Moratorium Bill, by Sam Francis on 03/24/2003
- David Frum Calls For Immigration Moratorium. Congratulate Him!, by Peter Brimelow on 08/12/2011
- Scott Brown Calls For An Immigration Moratorium, by James Fulford on 01/19/2016
- National Origins Quotas Or Moratorium? America Smells The Coffee [Arab Invention], by James Fulford on 09/19/2001
- National Data | Gulf Coast Oil Disaster: The (Immigration) Moratorium Option, by Edwin S. Rubenstein on 06/16/2010
- National Data | The Economic Case for an Immigration Moratorium, by Edwin S. Rubenstein on 03/03/2011
- Arizona Demographics "Irreversible"—Except If There's An Immigration Moratorium, by James Fulford on 03/24/2011
- Will The Immigration Answer Be Moratorium?, by Donald A. Collins on 07/28/2015
- More Immigration Moratorium Calls, But Not From Establishment—Yet, by Peter Brimelow on 01/30/2010
- Is Donald Trump The New Huey Long? Will The Immigration Answer Be Moratorium?, by Donald A. Collins on 07/28/2015.
At the time Trump did this, someone did a poll, and it turns out that immigration restriction is always very popular with the American people...as we've also been saying for years:
Can't load tweet https://twitter.com/RyanGirdusky/status/1252420865037185036: Sorry, that page does not exist