See our FAQ: ”What Is Immigrant Mass Murder Syndrome”?
The most recent Immigrant Mass Murder, in which Asian immigrant Huu Canh Tran killed 11 people with an already illegal weapon in a dance club in a Chinese immigrant community on Chinese New Year, apparently because he hadn’t been invited to a party [Monterey gunman thought dance instructors said ‘evil things about him,’ by Yaron Steinbuch, New York Post, January 23, 2023], suggests that this a good time to update our Immigrant Mass Murder Syndrome list.
It’s a phenomenon we really started looking into after another Asian immigrant mass murder was committed at Virginia Tech by Seung-Hui Cho in 2007. But as Brenda Walker wrote thoughtfully in her discussion of the 2009 Binghamton Massacre (perp: Vietnamese immigrant Jiverly Wong):
Immigrating to a completely foreign culture is a vastly more disorienting experience, where the possibility for failure is real and life-affecting.
Maybe the answer is not gun control—but immigration control?
On our list of 110 incidents below, Asian immigrants only account for 14, but they have some of the highest death tolls.
And while we really only started to officially Notice Immigrant Mass Murder in 2007, VDARE.com editor Peter Brimelow Noticed it as early as 1995, in Alien Nation, page 6:
…In February 1993, a gang of Middle Easterners, (mostly illegally overstaying after entering on non-immigrant visas—one banned as a terrorist but admitted on a tourist visa in error) blow up New York’s World Trade center, killing six and injuring more than 1,000!! In December 1993, a Jamaican immigrant (admitted as a student, but stayed, illegal status automatically regularized after marriage to a U.S. citizen) opens fire on commuters on New York’s Long Island Rail Road, killing six and wounding 19!!! WHAT’S GOING ON??!!?
VDARE.com’s Brenda Walker also Noticed it in 2007, in Diversity Is Strength! It’s Also...Immigrant Mass Murder Syndrome and Diversity Is Strength! It’s Also…Familicide.
Immigrant Mass Murder clearly constitutes A Thing, and under normal circumstances would be celebrated as such by the Main Stream Media.
For example, the far less serious phenomenon of murders by U.S. Postal Service workers has given birth to the Pop-Cult phrase “going postal” and even has its own Wikipedia entry.
Mass murder is, alas, not a job that Americans won’t do. But why make it worse?
However. the concept of Immigrant Mass Murder is so foreign to how the MSM thinks that no one has noticed this except us. (Steve Sailer has noted that Political Correctness is a War on Noticing, and people who do Notice are attacked in the press, or lose their jobs.)
- The great Pat Buchanan: see ”The Alien In Hokie Nation”—Buchanan On The Dark Side of Diversity (Hat Tip To VDARE.COM!) on Virginia Tech.
- The magnificent Ann Coulter (see here, here, and especially here, plus chapter 6 in Adios America).
- Arguably, 2015 presidential candidate Donald Trump, who not only read Adios, America, but after the Immigrant Mass Murder in San Bernardino called for “a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.”
We classify these under various typical headings:
Of the last one, since it’s in the news, I’ll add that, since East Asian immigrants are generally (not always) relatively less violent, it is striking how many have been involved with Immigrant Mass Murder in the U.S.
Perhaps significantly, the term “running amok” is Malay in origin and there have been instances dating back centuries.
Maybe it has been imported along with that work ethic.
So here is our updated list of mass murders committed by immigrants. Because of the Regime Media’s persistent attempt to obfuscate this, by calling Immigrant Mass Murderers “Man Arrested” or “Alabama Man,” we probably don’t know about all of them.
Our tentative Immigrant Mass Murder count: 754 761 dead, an increase of 113 120 over the last update, in 110 111 different incidents. (According to police and media, since I started writing this column, there’s been a second Asian Immigrant Mass Murder in California.)
We don’t claim these are all the Immigrant Mass Murders that happened, it’s all the ones we’ve found to date here on VDARE.com. Email me with more.
The link on the perpetrator’s name will take you to our report.
VDARE.com’s Immigrant Mass Murder List
- 2023 Zhao Chunli, China—a farmworker arrested for killing 7 other farmworkers, also Chinese, in San Mateo County, CA.
- 2023 Huu Can Tran, killed 11 in Chinese New Year shooting.
- 2022 Wu Chen, China, killed 4 on a legal Oklahoma pot farm. The victims were also Chinese immigrants, who spoke no English.
- 2022 Khosay Sharifi, killed 3 male relatives and herself.
- 2022 Raïssa Kengne, Cameroon. Killed 2, wounded one, all white men she alleged were discriminating against her.
- 2022 José Paulino Pascual-Reyes, Mexico, killed 3, one of them a small child, and dismembered two of his victims. He then held a 12-year-old girl prisoner, but she escaped, leading to his arrest.
- 2021 Uk Thang, killed 1 but 15 injured. Collierville Krogers shooting.
- 2021 Jafar Afshar, Middle East, 3, Familicide—set a fire that killed himself, his son, and two small grandchildren.
- 2021Farbin Towhid and Farhan Towhid, Bangladesh, 4 plus themselves. Two Bangladeshi teens did a murder-suicide pact, wiping out their whole family.
- 2021 Aminadab Gaxiola Gonzalez, Mexico, 4—later committed to a mental hospital rather than being punished.
- 2021 Al Aliwi Alissa, Syria—killed 10 white people in a Boulder supermarket (Muslim).
- 2021 Ali F. Elmezayen, Egypt, Familicide, 2—apparently killed his two sons for the insurance.
- 2020 Luis Vasquez, Dominican, 0, stopped by police, but had multiple guns, rope, and gasoline can.
- 2020 Fernando De Jesus Lopez-Garcia, Mexico, killed 3, wounded 2, repeatedly deported.
- 2020 Jose Luis Torres Garcia, Mexico—3, gang killings.
- 2019 Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, Saudi Arabia, killed 3, wounded 6, at Pensacola, where he was undergoing pilot training. Jihad.
- 2019 6 Hmong gang members, killed 4 Hmong immigrants, wounded 6.
- 2019 Yonathan Tedla, Ethiopia, 2—killed white wife and their daughter, Familicide.
- 2019 Randy Rodriguez Santos, Dominican Republic, beat 4 homeless men to death with a pipe.
- 2019 Shankar Nagappa Hangud, ”East Indian” allegedly killed 4. Brought one body to police station. Familicide.
- 2019 Krysztof Marek, Poland, allegedly killed 5, ”Dunning Massacre.”
- 2019 Gurpreet Singh, India, allegedly killed 4, Familicide. Sikh.
- 2019 Billy Chemirmir, Kenya, allegedly killed 12, possibly more. Serial killer of elderly white women.
- 2019 Chandrasekhar Sunkara, India, killed 3, Familicide.
- 2019 Chi Dinh Ta, Vietnam, killed 4 in-laws, apparently because of ”visa jealousy.”
- 2019 Wilbur Martinez- Guzman, Salvadorean—killed 4, three white men and one white woman.
- 2019 Javier Casarez, Mexico—killed 5, domestic violence.
- 2018 Ramon Escobar, Salvadorean—killed (allegedly) 6, four homeless men and his aunt and uncle, wounded 8
- 2018 Abadi Gedregziber, mass stabbing. Killed 4.
- 2018 Nasim Aghdam, Iranian. YouTube. Wounded 3.
- 2018 Albert Wong, Chinese-American. Killed 3 white women.
- 2017 Andrade Chacon, Mexico, killed 3, Familicide.
- 2017 Sayfullo Habibullaevic Saipov, Uzbek. Diversity Visa collateral, killed 8, wounded 12. (Jihad.)
- 2017 Emanuel Kidega, Sudanese refugee, attempted murder at Tennessee Church, killed 1, wounded 6.
- 2017 Bampumim Teixeira , Cape Verdean legal permanent resident, killed 2 doctors.
- 2017 Isabel Martinez, Spanish-speaking illegal, killed 5, wounded 1.
- 2017 Henry Bello, Nigerian ”doctor” who shot up Bronx hospital, killed 1, wounded 6.
- 2017 Salvador Vasquez-Oliva, Salvadorean, killed 4 in Sacramento.
- 2017 Ali Zafar, Pakistani, killed 3, wounded 1 in Escondido, CA. Deceased were family members—a dispute over money.
- 2017 Nengmy Vang, Hmong gunman, kills 4 whites in Wisconsin. (The second such incident in Wisconsin, the previous one was in 2002.)
- 2017 Esteban Santiago, Puerto Rican Florida airport shooter, killed 5, wounded 6.
- 2016 Abdul Razak Ali Artan, Somali Muslim with Sudden Jihad syndrome, rammed Ohio State students with a car, then leapt out and started stabbing. 0 dead, 11 injured.
- 2016 Getachew Fekede, Kenyan refugee, shot up workplace, killing 1, injuring 5.
- 2016 Mowayne McKay & Diego Reid, arrested in Jamaican gang fight, 3 dead, 12 wounded.
- 2016 Silvestre Franco Luviano, Mexican illegal, shooting spree, 2 killed, 5 wounded.
- 2016 Johnny Josue Sanchez, Honduran illegal, burned 5 people alive in arson.
- 2016 Arcan Cetin, Turkish immigrant, 5 killed.
- 2016 Pablo Antonio Serrano-Vitorino, Mexican illegal (ICE failed to deport him), 5 killed.
- 2016 Omar Mateen, America (Afghani Muslim)—killed 49 people and wounded 53 in an Orlando nightclub.
- 2016 Mainak Sarkar, Bengal, India—killed 2, his American-born white wife and a white professor.
- 2016 Syed Farook, American-born Muslim, Tashfeen Malik, Pakistan—killed 14, wounded 17 in San Bernardino.
- 2016 Faisal Mohammed, American-born Muslim—wounded 4 in campus stabbing.
- 2015 Chris Harper-Mercer, born U.K., mixed race—killed 9 and wounded 7 in Oregon mass shooting.
- 2015 Brian Omar Hyde, born Belize—killed 3 members of his own family.
- 2015 Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez, Kuwait—killed 5, wounded 2 in 2015 Chattanooga shootings.
- 2015 Daron Dylon Wint, Guyana—killed 4: employer, his employer’s wife, their ten-year-old child, and their Salvadorean housekeeper.
- 2015 Eh Lar Doh Htoo, Burma. 18-year-old refugee stabbed to death 3 young boys, also Burmese.
- 2015 Calvin Esdaile, Jr., Jamaican employee—killed 1 and, wounded 1 after being fired.
- 2015 Jonathan Camacho, Mexico—killed 4—wife and three kids under four— by setting fire to the shed they lived in.
- 2013 Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Chechnya—killed 4, injured 280.
- 2013 Aaron Alexis, Queens, NY (Barbadian)—killed 12, injured 8.
- 2013 Pedro Vargas, Cuba—killed 6 in Hialeah, Florida.
- 2012 Bin Thai Luc, Vietnam—killed 5. Blunt force trauma—i.e., no guns.
- 2012 One Goh, Korea—killed 7. Oikos University shooting.
- 2011 Dr. Louis Chen, gay Taiwanese immigrant, killed 2: white partner, 2 year-old surrogate-born child.
- 2011 Tan Do, Vietnam—killed 5 (Familicide).
- 2011 Kesler Dufrene, Haiti—killed 3 in a home invasion, house selected at random.
- 2011 Muziwokuthula Madonda, South Africa, pled to murdering 2, confessed to killing at least 4 in serial spree, but confession thrown out for “Warren Court” reasons.
- 2011 Omar Mohamed Kalmio, Somali—killed 4.
- 2011 Eduardo Sencion, Mexico—killed 5 National Guardsmen at an IHOP—also killed one woman. Shooting.
- 2011 Itzcoatl Ocampo, Mexico—killed 6. Serial killer, homeless white victims.
- 2011 Abdulaziz Ibrahim, Ethiopia—killed 4, wounded 2 (Familicide).
- 2010 Richard Anderson, Aston Johnson, and Andrew Wright, Jamaica—killed 3 in upstate New York.
- 2010 Akouch Kashoual, Egypt, wounded 3, killed self—fail!
- 2010 Chhouy Harm, Cambodia—killed 3, wounded 1 (Familicide).
- 2009 Mesac Damas, Haiti—killed 6 (Familicide).
- 2009 John Chong, Korea—killed 1, wounded 3. Korean Retreat Center Shooting.
- 2009 Abel Loredo, Cuba—killed 4 (Familicide).
- 2009 Marcos Gonzalez Chavez, Mexico—killed 4 in the ”Mayberry” Shootings, in Mt. Airy, NC.
- 2009 Devan Kalathat, India—killed 4, wounded 1 (Familicide).
- 2009 Jiverly Voong, Vietnam—killed 13, wounded 4. Binghamton Massacre.
- 2009 Nidal Hassan, Virginia (parents Jordanian)—killed 13, wounded 30. Fort Hood Massacre. Jihad.
- 2008 Subhash Chander, India convicted for murdering 3, daughter, son-in-law, and their 7-year-old.
- 2008 Lam Luong, Vietnam—killed his 4 children by throwing them off an Alabama bridge.
- 2008 Jing Hua Wu—killed 3 in Workplace.
- 2007 Sulejman Talovic, Bosnia (Muslim)—killed 5, wounded 4 in Salt Lake City. Jihad.
- 2007 Seung-Hui Cho, Korea—killed 32, wounded 25 Virginia Tech Murder. School shooting.
- 2006 Angelica Alvarez, Mexico—killed 4 (Familicide).
- 2006 Naveed Haq, America (Pakistani Muslim), killed 1, wounded 5.
- 2006 Said Biyad, Somalia—killed 4, wounded 1 (Familicide).
- 2004 Chai Vang, Cambodia—killed 8. Hmong Hunting Murders.
- 2003 Salvador Tapia, Mexico—killed 6. Chicago Warehouse Shootings. Workplace.
- 2002 Lee Malvo, Jamaica—killed 10, wounded 3. Beltway Sniper. Jihad.
- 2002 Peter Odighizuwa, Nigeria—killed 3, wounded 3. Appalachian School Of Law.
- 2001 Nikolay Soltys, Ukraine—killed 6 (Familicide).
- 2000 Jihad Hassan Moukalled, Lebanon—killed 4 (Familicide).
- 1999 Kao Xiong, Cambodia—killed 5 (Familicide).
- 1997 Ali Hassan Abu Kamal, Gaza—killed 1, wounded 6 Empire State Building. Jihad.
- 1996 Vijay Mark Chahal, Punjab—killed 9 (estranged ex-wife, her new bridegroom, seven family members). Sikh.
- 1993 Ramzi Yousef, Kuwait—killed 6, wounded 1000. First World Trade Center Attack.
- 1993 Mir Aimal Kansi, Pakistan—killed 2, wounded 3. Attack on CIA headquarters. Jihad.
- 1993 Gian Luigi Ferri, Ethiopia—killed 8, wounded 6. Italian colonial from Ethiopia.
- 1993 Colin Ferguson, Jamaica—killed 6, wounded 19. Long Island Railroad Killer.
- 1992 Wayne Lo, Taiwan—killed 2, wounded 4. School shooting at Simon’s Rock College of Bard.
- 1991 Gang Lu, China—killed 5, wounded 1. School shooting at the University of Iowa.
- 1990 Julio Gonzalez, Cuba—killed 87. Happy Land Arson. Mariel Boatlift.
- 1987 David Burke, Britain (Jamaican)—killed 43 by deliberately crashing PSA Flight 1771.
- 1986-1997 Angel Resendez , Mexico—killed between 9-15. Railway Killer.
- 1984 Abdelkrim Belachheb, Morocco—killed 6, wounded 1. Dallas Nightclub Murders.
- 1983 Kwan Fai Mak, Wai Chiu Ng, and Keung Kin Ng, Vietnam—killed 13, wounded 1. Wah Mee massacre.
- 1982 Humberto de la Torre, Mexico—killed 25. Dorothy Mae Apartment Hotel Fire.
- 1974 Dale Pierre, Trinidad—killed 4 Utah Hi-Fi Shop. Black-on-white torture murders.
- 1971 Juan Corona, Mexico—killed at least 25 Mexicans and Mexican Americans with a machete.
- 1964 Francisco Paula Gonzales, Philippines—killed 44 by shooting pilot of Pacific Air Lines Flight 773.
- 1914 Julian Carlton, Barbados—killed 7 people while working as a cook for Frank Lloyd Wright.